Accept Bitcoin payments safe and easy on your Easy Digital Downloads website with GoCoin. With GoCoin, you can make taking Bitcoin and other blockchain currencies as easy as installing a plugin. Make more money by letting all of your customers pay. You receive money deposited to your bank account. Everyone wins! This document will show you how to setup and configure the extension.
- Download the extensions from your QCTechJunkie purchase
- From your WordPress site go to ‘Plugins’ > ‘Add New’ > ‘Upload’ and select the ZIP file you just downloaded
- Click ‘Install Now’ and then ‘Activate’
- Go to ‘Downloads’ > ‘Settings’ > ‘Payment Gateways’ > ‘Gateway Settings’ and check GoCoin in the ‘Payment Gateways’ section
Setup and Configuration
You will need your GoCoin Merchant ID, given to you when you signed up for GoCoin. You can obtain these from the GoCoin Dashboard in the “Integrations” section.
- Log into your WordPress site and go to ‘Downloads’ > ‘Settings’ > ‘Payment Gateways’ > ‘GoCoin ‘
- Enter in your Merchant ID into the ‘Merchant ID’ field.
- Enter in your API Key ID into the ‘API Key’ field.
- Last,click ‘Save.’
A webhook is a URL on your site that GoCoin can access to accomplish certain tasks. GoCoin uses it for:
- Handling failed payment notifications
If webhooks are not configured properly or are blocked by a plugin or configuration of your site, the processes above will not function.
Note: this step is the number one cause of failure in the recurring billing process. The following steps are very important.
To set up webhooks in GoCoin go to https://gocoin.com/dashboard/ and log in. Once logged in, click on Integrations then Webhooks.
Enter the following URL in Webhook URL field :
Click Save Webhook Endpoint.
That’s it! You are now ready to start accepting Bitcoin via GoCoin!
- Customer Message – This is the message displayed to customers during checkout when GoCoin payments is selected.
- Merchant ID – This is the Merchant ID for your GoCoin account. Follow the steps above to get this.
- API Key – Uniquie key to identify your website along with your Merchant ID.
When a shopper chooses the GoCoin payment method and places their order, they will be redirected to https://gateway.gocoin.com to pay. GoCoin will send a notification to your server which this plugin handles. Then the customer will be redirected to an order summary page.
This plugin supports all currencies that GoCoin supports
Fiat Currency Support
Your store can be used in with of the available currencies on Easy Digital Downloads.
When an order is created, its status will be ‘pending.’
When a payment is detected, the invoice is underpaid, the order status will stay in ‘pending’ status.
When a payment is detected, the invoice is paid in full, but no confirmed on the blockchain, the order status will be updated to ‘processing.’
When all payments are paid in full and confirmed on the blockchain (Bitcoin Network), the order status will marked as ‘complete.’
Any invalid payment will result in a status of ‘failed’
Having some issues?
Submit a support ticket with QCTechJunkie Customer Support to have the developer review the issue.